Thursday 19 July 2012

Quick review: Tesco shaving foam

<I have not received any payment for this opinion>
 Review Date: 19/7/2012

I, like most people find reviews a bit tedious. You never know how biased internet reviews are and they end up being too long. What you need is a simple review that gives you pros and cons and a final verdict.

 I bought some Tesco everyday value shaving foam after realising the extortionate cost of branded shaving foams these days. As an example:

Gillette Series Shaving Foam (their cheapest foam) is £2.80. Tesco shaving foam is £0.26 - thats 11x more expensive! I decided to trial the Tesco Foam for a month. Prices continue to rise for gels which have become fashionable but actually make you do the work to create foam!

PROS
  • Very cheap!
  • Lathers very well
  • Allows a close shave
  • Didn't give me dry skin or irritation
  • The bottle does not rust if left in the shower
CONS
  • Has no smell or fragrance

Overall

9.5/10 - Good product, which shouldn't need advertising to sell. These days people's heads have been turned by celebrities endorsing products but the reality is there is very little difference between mass manufactured products and most are sub-contracted to other factories. I wouldn't be surprised if Tesco everyday foam was made in the same factory as Gillette shaving foam.An excellent product if you wish to bring your house hold budget under control. If you want your shaving foam to "say who you are" buy Gillette or King of Shaves for 11x- 20x the price. If you're content to realise that shaving is a chore and hydration simply comes from washing your face - just get on with it and buy Tesco everyday value shaving foam.

8 comments:

  1. Exactly what I needed, I was in Tesco today and I was wondering whether the stuff would damage my skin being so alarmingly cheap! But as you say, it's probably the brands making fat profit margins that makes them more expensive! I bought Gillette this time, but next time I'm spending 26p on this stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! - Two more things to add to this post..

      1. The foam is light on the tesco brand but at 26p a bottle you can afford to use loads more on your face if you want to

      2. I would say is for those that prefer gels over foam products try boots own brand gel - 99p most of the time

      Delete
  2. why has boots stopped selling own brand shaving foam?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried it, was crap. The foam dissolves quicker than you can put it on your face. It was like shaving with plain water, and left my face very dry and sore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you! https://www.shaveandtrim.in/8-best-mens-trimmers-you-could-buy-for-below-1500-rupees-in-india/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blog post. This is absolute magic from you! I have never seen a more wonderful post than this one. You've really made my day today with this. I hope you keep this up! https://www.shaveandtrim.in/8-best-mens-trimmers-you-could-buy-for-below-1500-rupees-in-india/

    ReplyDelete